Karina寫信回家了~

My dear friends, you may want to know about the update from Karina, my daughter, she is being international volunteer in Ghana right now and will back to Taiwan on Sep. 2nd. Before today, I do worry about her since her last email just sent me on August 2nd in Dubai Airport only...

Dear my family,

I'm here to share my recent news, but lots of things cannot be written or typed. It's stored in my mind. I'd like to share with you guys when I'm back in Taiwan.

Cocoa here and all other products in Ghana are imported from Europe and other African countries. Maybe as you have already known, Nestle (雀巢) controls almost every food products, including cocoa beans and dairy products. Uniliever (聯合利華) also dominates the market here. People here are exploited by European multi-national cooperations.

China is the second biggest trading partner of Ghana. Lots of things here can be seen that they're imported from China. When we walk on the local streets and roads, people often call us "China" or "Chinese." Most of the time, we ignore them. And sometimes we reply them, "We're not Chinas / Chinese. We're from Taiwan." But most of the time, they just cannot understand.

We also visited local (the town we stay - Winneba) government offices: the director of police training school, the mayor, the chief, the principal of local nursing school, the principal of the University of Education Winneba. We took lots of group pictures. So, don't worry. We do great documentation for our journey here this time. The only thing I'm worrying about is that we don't have enough time to go through all the process of checking our files. We recorded vidoes, audio files, lots and lots of photos, etc. I also found a piece of little gold during a hiking to the forest, where we were looking for a particular kind of tree which is the best for drum-making. We were the first foreigners who climbed on the mountain. Everything was alright. Please don't worry about it.

I bought some fabrics today, very African. I think you'll like it very much. I think they're really appropriate for house decoration, and I'm going to make some of them into long-skirts. Do you need one? Or whatelse do you need?

Is everything alright in Taiwan? Can you tell me more about the typhoon? Taiwan was on the news here in Ghana. I was told that 68 people died. It must be a really disasterous and serious typhoon...

I think that's all for it now. Thank you so much that you guys helped me out to move my stuff from my dorm to Taichung. Thanks a lot. I appreciate it.

Love,
Karina

留言

熱門文章